Regardless of the season, your apartment plants need to be cared for. You might be tempted to get your plants out during the summer and leave them to get their water from the rain that falls from time to time. Or maybe you even water them when the weather is too dry.
Maybe you heard that plants should be better cared for during the winter, as during the summer, they are well enough on their own. However, the truth is far from that, as you need to care for your plants all year round, especially if you keep them in a flat.
How to care for your apartment plants. 7 easy tricks
Here are some easy tricks that will help you better care for your apartment plants, so you can enjoy their beauty and health.
- Don’t throw away the used tea bags. Use scissors to cut the bag and get out its contents, as is a fertilizer perfect for your plants. Practically, all tea types are made of plant components, such as flowers, leaves, roots or strains, which can go back to the soil as organic fertilizer.
- Don’t throw away the unused tea. Water your apartment plants with it, as it contains good substances that help your plants develop.
- Don’t throw away the water in which you boiled eggs, as it can be used as a fertilizer for your apartment plants. This water is filled with Calcium and other substances that are helpful for plants.
- Are your guests gone and there is still some red wine in their glasses? Don’t throw it away! Mix it with water to dilute it and then water your plants with it.
- Cool air currents are harmful to your apartment plants. Exactly as you don’t like sitting in cool air currents, your plants don’t like it either. Vent your home in a manner that allows the air masses to be as soft as possible, like a breeze.
- Do your plants have plant fleas but you don’t want to use chemical synthesis products on them? Boil absinthe in water and then use it to sprinkle your plants. Absinthe’s components are an excellent natural insecticide. Also, our grandmothers used to place walnut leaves around the house or wardrobes to get rid of insects.
- There is another natural antidote that you can prepare against plant fleas. Get a handful of crushed nettles and put them to macerate in a bucket of cold water for about 4-5 days. Sprinkle your apartment plants with this “nettle water” to get rid of fleas and also of other insects.