When you celebrate a birthday or you simply have some guests, you need to do a quick appetizer to serve something on the table. I will now offer you a very simple and quick recipe that you’ll definitely love: ham and cheese appetizer. You will cut this appetizer in a “finger food” shape, so it becomes ideal to place on an appetizer plate on a festive table.
To prepare this ham and cheese appetizer in cubes shape, you only need some ham slices and cheese slices that you place one on top of the other. When everything is placed, you cut them into cube shapes and you fix them together with a toothpick. Then add a cherry tomato on its top and the ham and cheese appetizer is ready to be served!
I recommend you to buy the ham and cheese already sliced, because this way, the slices are thin enough and evenly sliced. Therefore, your ham and cheese appetizer will have a pleasant look.
Ham and cheese appetizer in cube shapes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Recipe type: appetizer
Serves: 6 serves
- 200 grams of sliced ham
- 200 grams of sliced cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- optional: butter or cheese cream
Preparation method of ham and cheese appetizer
- Place a cheese slice on a wooden food chopper.
- Add one or two ham slices over the cheese slice, depending on how thick these slices are.
- Note: Optionally, you can first coat the cheese slices with a bit of butter or cheese cream, so the slices stick better together. However, they will stick well together even if you don’t do this. Without butter or cheese cream, this ham and cheese appetizer is a less caloric food.
- Continue to alternatively place layers of ham and cheese, until you finish sticking all the slices together.
- In the end, take a knife and use it to straighten the margins and then cut them into strips of 2-3cm wide, which you will then cut into cubes of 2-3cm, so they are square.
- Place a toothpick through them and add a cherry tomato on top of the ham and cheese appetizer cubes.
- Add them on a serving plate and place them on the table.
I hope you enjoy the ham and cheese appetizer!