This recipe of penne with smoked salmon and Gorgonzola cheese it’s one of my favourite pasta recipe. It’s easy to make and it takes about 15 minute to prepare and cook it.
Do to the fact that both, the smoked salmon and the gorgonzola cheese are salted, the pasta it’s rather salty and you dont’t need to add more salt. But if you fell you need more, please fell free to add. Season it at the end.
It tastes great, and the sauce practicle makes itself! It’s easy. While the pasta cooks you have plenty of time to make the sauce and finaly to combine and serve.
- 300 grams penne pasta
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 75 grams Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 onion, minced
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white vine
- 150 ml sour cream
Step by step instruction for penne with smoked salmon and Gorgonzola
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the directions on the packet.
- Meenwhile make the sauce by starting to cut smoked salmon in small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan and saute the onions until limp and translucent (1-2 minute) than add the salmon.
- Mix well and let it cook 1 minute.
- When it changed color add the white wine and let cook toghether for another 5 minutes until the wine evaporates
- Cut the Gorgonzola into small pieces than add it too. Stirr until the cheese is melted and creamy (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the cream and let cook toghether for another 4-5 minutes until creamy. Season to taste with salt and peper if need it
- When pasta is ready, drain it in a colander and quickly return it to pot. Add the sauce, toss it around thoroughly for 30 seconds or so.
- Serve penne with smoked salmon and Gorgonzola cheese immediatly in hot bowls.