One of the simplest desserts and also one of the most appreciated and easy to make is the pound cake. Its recipe is so simple and easy to follow that even a child could do it.
Besides, pound cake recipe is an economical one. Practically, you don’t need many ingredients, but only some eggs, flour, sugar, and oil. You don’t even necessarily need to add baking soda in it to obtain a great and delicious pound cake. How do you achieve a high and savory pound cake without using baking soda? It is simple! You need to whisk the whites with the sugar very well, until they become firm, as if you were going to prepare marshmallows. Incorporate the flour with soft moves, from the bottom up.
In maximum twenty minutes, you’ll have the pound cake dough ready. You place it in the tray and to the oven. After 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven and its power, your pound cake is ready to be enjoyed.
Simple and quick pound cake – basic recipe
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Baking time – 30 minutes
Total time – 45 minutes
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: one serve
- 6 big eggs
- 220 grams of flour 654 type
- 125 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- A bit of salt
Preparation method for simple and quick pound cake
- Get the eggs out from the refrigerator in time and let them achieve the room’s temperature.
- Prepare a 30/12 cm tray with baking paper and light the oven to 180 degrees.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the whites until they become a froth and when they become getting whiter, add the salt, vanilla and sugar, continuing to mix until the whites become firm as for marshmallows. They should be so firm that when you turn the bowl, they shouldn’t fall off it.
- Meanwhile, mix with a wooden spoon or a whisk the yolks with the oil, as for mayonnaise.
- When the whites are well whisked, add the yolk composition and incorporate it with a whisk. Then slowly and gradually add the flour, with soft moves, from the bottom up, so you don’t lose any of the aeration you’ve gotten initially by whisking the whites.
- Pour the composition in the tray and put it to the oven until the pound cake is baked. It would take about 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven. To ensure it is baked, you should use the toothpick test. Take a toothpick and insert it in the pound cake while it is still in the oven. If the toothpick is clean, un-sticky when you get it out the cake, then the pound cake is ready.
- Remove it from the oven and from the tray, remove the baking paper and place the pound cake on a grill to let it cold. When it is cold, you can cut it and serve it.