Red lentil walnut pate it’s a delicious vegan recipe. This homemade red lentils pate, with some walnut added it’s an easy to make vegan appetizer.
This dish it’s a low fat and high protein pate than can impress your visitor either they are vegan or not. You can serve it with crackers or raw vegiies such as cellery sticks, carrots or cucumber. It can also be a wonderfull sandwich spread.
Excellent with vegies, crackers or chips, this vegan red lentil walnut pate is faster an easiar to make than a hummus recipe.
Vegan red lentil walnut pate
- 250 grams of red lentils
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- teaspoon a quarter of cumin
- a pinch of ginger
- teaspoon a quarter of turmeric
- a pinch of pepper
- tablespoon one of juice from boiled lentils (or watter)
- 3 tablespoons of red pepper paste
- salt to taste
Step by step instruction for red lentil walnut pate
- Leave lentils overnight to soak in water with some vinegar.
- Next day drain the water and add another one just to cover the lentils.
- Put a teaspoon of salt and leave lentils to cook on low heat until it is cooked and the juice decreases.
- Put the lentils in a sieve placed over a bowl and let it cool and drain the rest of the remaining juice.
- Put in a food processor the drained lentils, nuts, the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of red pepper pasta. ***Unless you dont’t have red pepper pasta, add some tomato juice.
- Mix well, adding a tablespoon or two of juice from lentils if necessary.
- Adjust the taste by seasonings adding salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bol and cool in the freezer until serving.
- Serve with pita bread or crudit.