Russian salad with smoked fish is similar to the beef salad, but instead of beef, you use fish for it. Also, you don’t use green peas, but beet. This salad actually consists of a fish wrapped in a few layers of vegetables and with some mayonnaise.
So, you’ll need a smoked fish. You can choose just any fish you like, your favorite one. Then, you need potatoes, onion, carrot, beet, mayonnaise, and eggs. You need to boil the vegetables, grate them and chop the onion, and then place them layer after layer. And don’t you forget the mayonnaise, as this is the secret that gives the taste of the Russian salad.
Vegetables remain in layers, exactly as you placed them in the beginning. This is why you need to boil them in water with salt, so they have some taste. Or it is even better if you boil them in some water from the noodles soup.
You first make a layer of smoked fish, then a layer of onion, potatoes, egg’s white, carrots, and beet at the end. You need to place mayonnaise every second layer or even every single layer. You place mayonnaise on the last layer (that of beef) and then you place the egg whites on the top.
Russian salad with smoked fish
Preparation time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 4 serves
- 200 grams of smoked fish
- Three medium potatoes
- Two medium carrots
- A beet
- 300 grams mayonnaise
- A big red onion or two smaller onions
- 2 boiled eggs
- Salt and pepper
Preparation method for Russian salad with smoked fish
- Boil the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, beet) in water with salt (or soup) and let them cold.
- Boil hard eggs, let them cold, peel them off and grate them through the larger grater.
- Peel off the boiled vegetables and get them through the large grater.
- Peel off the onion and chop it.
- Chop the fish with the knife.
- Take a large bowl and place the layers: a layer of smoked fish, then a layer of onion, potatoes, egg’s white, carrots, and beet at the end. You need to place mayonnaise every second layer or even every single layer. You place mayonnaise on the last layer (that of beef) and then you place the egg whites on the top.
- Put the Russian salad to the freezer until the next day.
Enjoy your Russian salad with smoked fish!