When I want to eat something that is quick and easy to prepare and contains mushrooms, I think about vegan mushroom stew. I love it together with warm polenta on the same plate. So, if you also love mushrooms and you want something delicious and easy to prepare, then you should try this vegan mushroom stew recipe, with tomato sauce. So, let’s see what you need for this recipe and how you should prepare it.
Vegan mushroom stew with tomato sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe type: main course
Serves: 2 serves
- 500 grams of mushrooms (you may use Champignon mushrooms)
- 2 spoons of sunflower oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 300 ml tomato juice
- 50 ml white wine
- half teaspoon of salt
- a bit of pepper
- fresh parsley leaves
Preparation method of vegan mushroom stew with tomato sauce
- Peel the mushrooms and cut them into cubes of medium size. Regularly, you shouldn’t wash mushrooms, as they absorb water. However, if you want to ensure they are clean enough, you may get them through a water jet. Then you may let them drain or buffer them with a kitchen towel.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces.
- Warm up the oil in a pan and add the garlic. Cook it until it gets brownish. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as you’ll ruin the food, even if you throw the garlic away.
- When the garlic is ready, add the mushrooms cut into pieces, add salt and let them cook on high heat, until the water drops. Then add the wine and cook until it evaporates.
- When the wine evaporates, you add the tomato juice.
- Cook until the liquid drops enough and it becomes a sauce. You may do a more or less consistent sauce, depending on your preferences.
- When it is ready, add the chopped parsley, stir, and stop the heat.
- Serve next to warm polenta.
Don’t you think this vegan mushroom stew with tomato sauce is delicious?