Are you looking for a recipe to prepare it quick and easy for breakfast? I will show you a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, but also for dinner, in case you hurry and don’t have anything ready to eat. So, get ready to learn how to prepare a chicken ham and vegetable wrap.
Don’t be scared by the name, as it might sound quite exotic, but the wrap is nothing else than a quick sandwich, in another way. While you prepare the sandwich with two bread slices and the composition in between them, you prepare the wrap using slim pita sheets or tortilla sheets, you roll them and then cut them.
According to Wikipedia, the wrap has a history of more than 100 years, being specific especially to North America’s cuisine, Greece or Turkey. It has become popular due to its versatility (it can be prepared using various ingredients), as well as to how rapidly it is done.
You can prepare this wrap using bought chicken ham that is already sliced, or you can prepare it with the remains of a steak, so you avoid waste. Also, you can use vegetables and you can replace valerian with regular green lettuce.
You can replace cheese cream with home-made mayonnaise, in case you don’t like cheese or you want to achieve another taste for your food. Although you can use home-made pita or tortilla, you might not do this if you’re in a hurry, but use bought ones instead.
If you use tortilla sheets for your chicken ham and vegetable wrap, you need to know that you should better heat them before filling them with your ingredients. However, if you don’t have time to heat them, you can use them as they are.
Chicken ham and vegetable wrap
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Recipe type: breakfast
- A pita or tortilla sheet
- 2-3 spoons of cheese cream
- 50 grams chicken ham, sliced
- Half of a small pepper
- A small tomato
- A handful of arugula (valerian, green lettuce)
- Salt and pepper
Chicken ham and vegetables wrap preparation method
- Wash and slice the pepper and tomato into small cubes
- Wash arugula (valerian, green lettuce) leaves
- Spread the pita or tortilla sheet and apply the cheese cream all over its surface
- Place half of the arugula (valerian, green lettuce) leaves on the cheese cream, placing them near to the center of the sheet
- Add the meat slices, then the pepper and tomato cubes, and at the end, add the other half of valerian leaves
- Roll the sheet, taking care not to get its margins inside
- Cut the wrap at the half, making an oblique cut, and then serve it
Enjoy your meal!